Epson R1800 questions

Lately, my printer has had paper feed problems. It'll just feed a sheet

through and give me a media out or misloaded message. sometimes this will

happen 1 out of every 2 or 3 sheets.

Also, has anyone used the Media Street inks, and/or their Niagra bulk system?

I'm looking for opinions on their ink.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a solution for you, but if there is any comfort, I have had the same problem on

my r1800. I have tried everything, and what happens is that the paper size and kind I set up

in Page Setup doesn't "stick". I can set the Printer to r1800, paper size to A4, but when I try

to print the file, I see in the dialogue that this has changed to for instance paper roll, and

Printer to "Any printer". A few days ago I updated the printer driver, but when I tried to print

a PS picture today, the same problem arose. I don't understand what kind of problem this is,

but I also would be haappy for any suggestion to how to fix it.

David,

I am experiencing the similiar problems with my r1800. Have you resolved your problem? If so, how? Espon customer service is lacking with solutions to say the least.

My r1800 will also print confusing characters along the edge continously, ruining expensive paper! Every now and then I can get to 2 consecutive documents and that is RARE!

Sincerely,

Venita

• 1 year later...

Epson R1800 paper feed problem solved ... simply... I was using the Epson 13" x 19" Ultra Premium Presentation Paper (formely Enhanced Matte).... and it would not correctly feed the paper into the printer. I would try a single sheet, and had the same problem. I would try to guide the paper and slightly push on the top during the feed process, but then it would take the paper, and push it right on through the printer without printing. I called Epson's tech support, and talked with the fellow for about 90 minutes trying all his ideas (which did not work)... then using a flashlight and watching the feed mechanism at the bottom, right side of the paper ... there is a rubber covered friction wheel which is meant to pull the top sheet through... hmmm.... perhaps this has gotten slightly slick .... doesn't pull the paper quite right ... throwing the timing of the whole process off....... I then decided to clean that wheel with rubbing alcohol and a dishcloth.... carefully ... I wet the end of the cloth with rubbing alcohol wrapped at the end of my finger ... then carefully holding the wet cloth to the rubber wheel .. and pushed the paper feed button on the printer (top right button)... and a second or more later the printer went through a feed cycle... the wheel rotated .... BE CAREFUL THAT THE FEED DOES NOT PULL THE CLOTH INTO THE ROLLERS .... AND YOUR FINGER TOO.... PERHAPS USING A STICK WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE..... ANYWAY .... after 3 cycles of doing this ... and letting the roller dry..... I tried printing.... and the feed works like new ! ! ! ....... Yea ...... easy fix.

My background is Aeronautical Engineering ... and have been involved a bit in automation (robotics) of test equipment.... thus there is a bit of an understanding of electronic control of mechanisms.

Good luck..... and be careful....

• 3 months later...