Buying 5D in Canada - Where?

bellavance

"Reputable dealer"

I have not bought anything from them but I don't see why not.

I will tell you this though, they sell things on ebay too and they have many ratings on there from people and it does not look to bad to me. Good luck.

DK.

Pierre, Hit cameras prices are about as low as you can get the stuff for here in Canada. I would call them on the phone and tell them everything you want and ask him/her if he/she can do it for a better price.

I am not going to put the guys name on here that I know at Cameracanada, but if you email me I see nothing wrong with that.

But Like I said these hitcamera guys are as low as it gets in Canada. Some other Canadians buy stuff from the US at B&H online and most times it comes across with no duty or customs so its even cheaper that way a lot of the time.

I have bought one $250.00US item from B&H and I did not have to pay anything extra as it came over the boarder and I saved about $100 CDN on it once you figure out the difference from the US and CDN dollar, so you may want to think about that too.

DK.

Aden Camera in Toronto has been around along time and also has better prices than Henrys. You sure it's a Canon Canada rebate or just Henrys silly internal rebate for other product that you are hearing about. hitcamera seems reputable and they have a store front in Toronto although I have not been there yet, I do intend to check them out. Apparently they have 4 or less available.

Pierre et al--<p>

I bought a 5D on the weekend online from Robinson's in Calgary for US$2890, with full Canon warranty. <p>

I also bought the battery grip for US$200, which qualified me for the $300 Canon Canada rebate. Other accessories also trigger the rebate. Being in Alberta, they do not charge provincial sales tax to Canadians.<p>

Robinson's is reputable, with over 98% positive feedback on E$ay. The few negative feedbacks seem to have come mainly from unreasonable people. Theo their E$ay auction guy is friendly and efficient.<p>

Here's the link to their online store:<p>

http://stores.ebay.com/Robinsons-Online-Centre<p>

I'm not connected with Robinson's, other than to have bought the 5D and grip from them, after looking all over the web and not finding a better deal. <p>

They're worth a look, anyway. <p>

Brent Reid.

I just bought a 350D from Hit Camera in december with no problem whatsoever. They have fast shipping, offer insurance and low prices. They don't take credit cards though, only money orders, bank drafts or paypal. Western Union too, i think. And they don't ship until they've recieved payment. Also, the camera I got needed to have the fimware updated and it shipped with an older version of DPP. Not a big deal, especially where you save about $100-150 through them.