Dacora-matic 4D - What's with all the buttons?

Hello,

I don't know why I bought it; just an impulse thin. I like old

cameras and it looked cool on the computer monitor. It is filthy,

however, it did come with a nice case and a Agfa meter hooked to the

strap. Nifty idea. I can almost always figure out a camera, but I am

having trouble with this.

I've looked on the internet, but I can't figure out what the

buttons do. Operate the aperture? The shutter, perhaps? The bottom

button is depressed third-way, injury or normal?

What are your thoughts?<div>00FbiZ-28742784.jpg.159127e99b8955a5f965ea5ffacfe5df.jpg</div>

When pressed in the correct sequence they open a Stargate. Actually, do they represent four different distances the lens can be focused to? Or 4 different apertures that would thereby give four different zones of focus?

I've loaded an old roll of HP5 into it. I went to take a picture and just realized the thing does not seem to have a shutter release button. I pushed on the ISO dial thinking that was it, but nothing happened. Starting to feel a touch whipped on this one.

Hi J.D. the four shutter release buttons are coupled to the meter. Each one has a zone focus symbol , when pushed the lens rotates to the required focus. I hope this helps , manuals are available but make sure the mechanics and the meter is functioning.

Cool. Thanks.

I probably won't depend on the meter. I usually use the Sunny 16 rule or, in difficult lighting, my trusty Sekonic...

I think you fellows got it, when I press a button I can hear the shutter click and the see lens spin slighty.

Oh, wait, I see what you mean. It does have a built in meter. Will it change shutter speeds depending on meter strength?

Hi J.D. it looks like the camera works since the lens moves . Now all you need is take some test shots to see if the meter sets the shutter speed correctly. For a manual just enter the camera name + manual into Google and make a choice. Perhaps you like to post some shots?

Good luck and enjoy!