M2aD Project, It lives!!!!!!

huw_finney

Congradulations HUW. I admire your positive attitude as we see so much the other direction. Huw has taken the initiative on a project that others thought of and shared on the internet. Then he took it a step farther, started on it and shared his progress with us, and fully expects it to work. His past record shows he can and does make things work, and others need to learn this attitude. The power of positive thinking is very real and produces success stories. I expect this to be one. Keep it up.

Mark J.

<i>"I mean, Epson already made a digital M, and they don't even really make cameras!"</i><p>

Steve's Digicams website has four reviews for four different Epson digital camera models going back to 1999. Unless Epson only labeled them and did not make them themselves...

Actuall - Huw - once you get it up and running you should try some color work.

Just get a set of Wratten color separation filters, shoot 3 separate exposures (non-moving

subject, obviously) and combine the 3 resulting grayscale images as color channels. You

should be able to get the resolution of a Foveon-style chip (no color aliasing) since you'd

avoid the effects of a Bayer pattern.

And getting the exposures and contrast to balance across the three color exposures

should be as much fun (and almost as time-consuming) as getting the basic camera to

work in the first place.

8^)