Mini Tripod

will king

Can anynone suggest a mini tripod for my 20D. I do a lot of low angle

shots and my current tripod doesn't go as low as I would like, which

is about 1 foot off the ground. I don't need something that can

support a lot, just my 20D and the Canon 10-22mm lens. Thanks.

Are you saying that you can't currently get your tripod down to so that the cameras base is 12" off the ground?

If you are, then look at something like the Bogen/Manfrotto 3001 which depending on the tripod head you choose will support the camera base at 6-12" off the ground (the platform that tripod head screws onto is at 3.5" off the ground).

C. Painter

You can also get a Monfrotto Universal clamp with double-ball head (and quick release plate) and attach it to the leg of your existing tripod as close to the ground as you like. My Manfrotto 055GS pods have legs that spread wide to let me get pretty close to the ground (about 12"), but I still keep the U-clamp & 2xball head in my macro bag for special shots. It's also handy for clamping to railings and other miscellaneous places.

Will, the US product name is slightly different in the UK the legs are 190PROB in the use they are 3021PROB.<br><br>

<a href=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=217263&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation>Here's a B&H link</a> You may want to link through the PN B&H link and navigate to the legs yourself to ensure PN get a commission.<br><br>

Might be a little more than you want to pay - plus you'll need a head, any standard thread head will do.<br><br>

The beauty of these legs is that the center post will come out completely and allow 90 degree mounting meaning you can ger _really_ low. Or you just remove the lower portion of the center post and go as low as your head allows.<br><br>

Will I have the 'cheaper' version (Digi Tripod) of what you linked to, I think the difference is mine has same legs but cheaper head. Anyway it is apsolutely amazing! Amazingly mine will hold a 20d+Grip with a 70-200 2.8 steady... Apsolutely amazing. Granted if the legs are 'aligned' the wrong way the whole thing falls right over, and it only really works 'straight on', but it works and steady.

So to summarize yes those bogen mini tripods are great. I don't think you can go wrong. It'll handle any 'reasonable' situation with ease. Mine is always with me in a side pocket.

Oh and I have never tried another 'mini table-top' tripod that wasn't worthless for more than a tiny 'Point and Shoot', and barely usuable for even a flash unit.

Just my experience.