LTM: XENON 1.5, some shots.

<p>Why bother with a LTM body; mechanical linkage errors and optical coincidence errors are a design limitation even on a 100% serviced leica. Every ultra fast lens I ever tested was far superior when tested on Mirror less digital cameras. The days of Rangefinder focusing, DSLR, DST, are ending. use a DSLM for this lens! I shoot the lens on a Sony A7r and the results are far superior focusing at 7x magnified mode manual. Since the lens tends to be low contrast improve it with a polarizer filter also. You should also have a sunshade a must to prevent notorious flare in this lens. I have many outstanding photos, but would have to convert from 36 Meg file to 8 Meg for this sites outdated file submission standard. legacy lenses such as Canon 0.95, Leica 1.1, Nikon, 1.1, Canon 1.2 and many others were FAR superior optically than there inferior designed focusing mechanism could accomplish. BUT, Full frame Mirror-less is direct TTL focusing at 7x magnified EVF and its accuracy is untouchable compared to the days gone bye. I have a vast collection , I keep of those bodies, but i don't use the bodies any-longer; I love their lenses! best Regards, Don@eastwestphoto</p>

<p>There's a lot more navel gazing with lenses now we can get digital test images NOW.<br>

I know because I do it, that's why I found both the Summarit and Xenon both seem to give the same kind of image at all available apertures, that is sharpness and out of focus images, and both seem to focus quite accurately. My XENON is quite old, marked and uncoated, but this seems to just make a more low contrast but clean image.<br>

The Summarit is very clean and coated, but I think a well coated Xenon would behave pretty much the same. I am sure I read an opinion that the Summarit, from f4, was as sharp as the collapsible Summicron. <br>

Mind you, its nice to have them, but I'd rather use the Summicron.</p>