To do or Not to do it.....

APD, that is the price for a Nikon defector/ non buyer. Of course for real buyers I have a more realistic price.

David, beautiful pictures ! Everybody seems to be a pro here !

And no, I DON'T have a lot of money ! In fact, I have no money at present to buy any of these !

Mark, advise well taken. Lets see what I get from my 400 DO.

Although porters may be $5 per day, I had a hard time trusting any of my camera equipment to a porter. One ding on the camera and the cost is a lot more than 5 bucks, not to mention the risk of losing it when someone accidentally puts it down.

I own a 500 f4, and couldn't imagine taking it to India. Hand-holding would be out as well (this is recreation, not weightlifting). Better technique, a good blind, and more patience for closer opportunities will carry you way further than new equipment. Sorry.

Dave,

Thank you for your opinion. No feelings hurt. Totally agree with you.I know I need to improve my technic. My opening post tells you that I have no procedural skill as far as photography goes !

I will try.

FD,

Thanks for looking at the pictures. As I described, this was shot on a tripod, rock steady, with a remote, so, handshake is eliminated. Now, regarding being OOF, I dont know ! Could be! But I used Af followed by manual focusing(mat be that is when I messed it up !

Thanks everybody.

Guys,

Here is a link, http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=461279

Please have a look at these pictures. All were shot with the 400 DO, either a 1.4 or a 2 X II TC attached. What do they tell you about the lens, compred to the "L"s ? And I know they are somewhat post processed but may be some experienced photogs will be able to tell about the lens looking at these.

I am waiting. Thanks