Polaroid film sharpness

bobw06

I have recently obtained a 501cm with the 80 planar and an NPC back for testing lighting.

The focusing screen on the camera is very sharp but the resulting picture from Fuji 100

polariod film is, "fuzzy". There is good tone and contrast, but the pictures seem to be out

of focus. Is this normal for polariod film with an NPC back?

I also got fuzzy results from my pola back on a rollei 6008. First I though it's a bug, but then I've seen polas from others and it seems to be normal.

Nevertheless, the polaroids I get from my 545 back (type 52 film) are tack sharp. So I don't really know if it's a polaroid specific thing or something else.

You should try Polaroid type <a href="http://shopus.polaroid.com/shop/public/products/details/dsp_product_details.cfm?product=631181&establish_cookie=true">665 film</a>. It produces both a B&W print and a negative which you can loupe to check focus and DOF. I do this with type 55 film(equivalent to 665 in 4X5 size). Note that on Polaroid's site, they state that they will discontinue the 665 within the next 4 months. It doesn't say whether it will be replaced.