Decrease in no. of Top Rated Photos, Ratings on them and the Overall Rating

biplab sikdar

It's nice to see that the no. of "most frequently rated photos" in my

portfolio has been decreased to 7 instead of 13 (arrcoding to 8th Feb

midnight - IST) ... a rating of a picture decreased from 19 to 9 ...

HA HA HA ... what a practical joke ... the Overall Ratings became 287

which was 313 on last night ... HA HA HA ... again a very matured

practical joke from PN ... WHY ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENING ... I AM

NOT A SUBSCRIBER YET ... IS THAT THE MAIN REASON ... but if thus goes

on then I have to be aware in future that I may take the subscription

or NOT ... don't know about other members that they also have faced

such problems or not ...

Everyone faces the same "problem," Biplab, but it's a necessary thing when those extra ratings we got didn't come from real people, or came from the same real people with multiple accounts. So when Brian becomes aware of a problem (such as the one a day or two ago where ten extra ratings were appearing on people's photos), it's better to delete the bogus ratings. I see in your case one of your photos lost ten ratings - that seemed to be the number that most of us lost who got caught in that one. Have a little faith that the admins are doing the right thing, and try to give and get critiques and not worry so much about ratings. Ratings don't help improve your photography. Best Regards.

Thank u Barry for helping me understanding the matter ... actually I am thinking for taking subscription of PN as I liked this site very much and the site is helping developing my skills also ... I am also not bothered about ratings but u see ... everyone always visit the top rated photos section ... where they can contribute critique also along with ratings, which is much more necessary for improving my skills ... otherwise the portfolio/picture is visited by the known members only ... a uploaded photo sustains a max. of 5 mins. in the Photo Critique Forum which may be skipped by anyone ... anyway thank u again ...