New TRP Filter by Category and a Suggestion.

david robinson

I want to thank again the administration of this site for adding the

category filter for the TRP. This has improved the options for

viewing images immensely. Now when will you be adding a "go to"

option for selective viewing of pages that are deeper in the TRP?

That too would be very helpful. Thanks folks...

Yes, thanks Ricardo, I am aware that you can start at the rear. With a "go to" option we could start in the middle of the deck to look around if we so chose. A worthwhile option that could be added to enhance our viewing pleasure. I don't often rate. I am more inclined to comment on others' works I find interesting. But I will often rate what I perceive to be neglected images, those with mediocre ratings that have been overlooked or unappreciated, and these are often found midway in the pages of the TRP.

A year ago I suggested an "skip to" feature in TRP but wasn't taken into consideration by PN admin. Check my demo if you wish (only works once, but you can skip to whichever TRP page you wish):

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00C3qN

P.S.: I'm sorry, but my demo isn't updated to current TRP category selection (a bit lazy lately, lol) ;)

David, it's plain HTML, but a true TRP search should be programmed by Brian inside the server because each served page is wholly generated each time you "click" and send TRP form query to the database.

My demo only shows that this possibility exists and it's easy to set up, but (I guess...)PN admin prefer:

1. not overcharging database with more and more queries (by server- resources-saving reasons)

2. going through every single page from the end or from the beginning while surfing TRP (by unknown reasons for me)

Joan your comment #2 made me think. Maybe this hasn't been done for exactly this reason. Forcing folks to go page by page increases the count for all of those images (as the number of views relate to each time an page is viewed). Something the admisnitration is keen on.

It would be really appreciated if administration would respond to this request.