Pink Panther Special 4x5 Rangefinder Coupled

diwan_bhathal

Troy:

Some member of this forum had a verbal incontinence problem. He wrote volumes of senseless verbiage that no one understood. Possibly, he will return, possibly not. He was admonished once by the moderator, and if the moderator is wise, he will not tolerate what happened last.

It is good that this DIY discussions return. The proof is that we have seen D's 4x5 pinhole camera ( very nice, btw, superb shots also). This is the type of discussion that we need to have here. The DIY forum died a while back, either by someone's intimidation or by some personal digressions. It is good that it will revive.

The intent is to share with everyone what is happening in LF, and more importantly in hand-held LF. I enjoy building these cameras, I will not be intimidated or scared of doing that by someone. This is what we do as a hobby, and there is no place here for rants and attacks.

Noah Schwartz: Lost your email. Do you still have mine? Just wanted to see what you are up to with your new project.

Thanks everyone.

Troy:

Patents are made to protect commercial interests. If you build one for yourself, all is fine.

That Mr. L has an incoherent patent that mentions the Polaroid body 110 series and a back for 4x5 format.

His patent refers also to the film plane ? Of the original camera or of the new one ? It is not clear.

This should not stop you from making one. His case is extremely difficult to defend as it is not written in specific terms. He also mentions a plate with four walls, well... A film holder plate has only three walls.

A wall is defined as a perpendicular structure to the plane of the base by which it is supported. Cutting a square hole in a plank does not make this four walls, far from it. So, there it is. Incoherent verbiage.

My camera is not covered by his patent. Read it carefully, nor is a 110, because it is not clear as to what film format the patent refers, the 3x4 or the 4x5, therefore a four wall structure is not applicable for use because one could not insert the film.

Just build yourself one, and post it for all to see your good ideas. Nothing to fear, all is just entretainment that was needed to a DIY LF forum that got boring, that is all.

Best,