shutter cycle life of Canon digital cameras

morado

yes, I know that they are quite different, but he question remains: what is the expected shutter life. I may think in upgrade my DSRL camera to a new one and I would like to know the options. My guess is that the Rebel XT will be similar and have a few life cycles compared to de 20d and better, so I would had the same problem.

The 20D and 30D are arted for 100,000 cycles. I suspect they use exactly the same shutter since they also use exactly the same sensor.

The Rebel XT might be good for about 1/2 that, with people quoting failures between 30,000 and 50,000 cycles.

Most digicams don't have mechanical shutters and the ones that do are TOTALLY different in design and construction from (D)SLR shutters.

Victor, I dont have the answer to your question, but after reading posts and posts of people moaning about the disappointment that is the 30D, I found it great to hear that there are people out there shooting with their cameras enough to change the shutter twice!

Vandit

i also wonders about shutter life of a camera..and after some readings,i come to the conclusion..it's actually relative..i use 300D,at now it's almost reach 50.000,the shutter sounds unlike it used to be..but still function pretty well IMHO..while other user might find it's shutter broke down at just around 20.000.. CMIIW