Elmarit M f2.8 90mm wrong frameline advise please

canfred

I just received a late version Elmarit M 90mm , fitting this lens to my M6 it

will bring up the 135mm lines. I am sure the lens is fine and in excellent condition

purchased from a PN member two weeks ago I am very happy except for the wrong

framelines. I find when fitting the 90mm lines come up and then dissapear once

the lens clicks in. My question can anyone out there give some advise please.

The only thing I can think of is ot fit a 28mm on the M and see if the 135 or the 90 lines appear than. Alternatively try putting the 90 on another M. All this to see if it is the lens or the body. Most likely it is the latter. Does the preview lever bring up the correct line pairs?

- Carl

The 35/135 frame lines are the default position when nothing is pushing against the little lever in the lensmount. Look at the bayonet lugs and see if one of them has been filed shorter. That's what people do on the 40mm CL lenses so they'll bring up the 35/135 frame, although I can't see why anyone would want to do that on a 90.

Mine show 35/135 with no lens. As you turn to seat the lens, the 50/75 comeup briefly , then the 28/90.

The frame line mechanism may need some adjustment /lub. Or the lens mount and/camera might be slightly out of spec. I had 90 frame lines hang on an M2 once, but you could tell with the preview. They were slow to appear

135 lines are the default, no lens position. If a fifty brings in the right lines, the 90 has a modified or wrong mount on it.

Best thing is to try it on another camera.

I like to thank all for your advise. My 50 Cron is SM used with adaptor for M2 & M3

brings up the right frame. The pre view lever is in order. Al said perhaps the lens was modified it does not seem to be the case. I will be visiting a shop to try a different 90. Problem here in Australia is there is no competent tech any repair has to go to Leica Solms.

Thank you Anhtu , and everyone. The problem is solved. It seems there was something stuck in the frame activator. Possibly this camera never had a 90 fitted. Now I get the 28 and the 90 framelines bright and clear . My regards and a special thank you to James Jeblee the previous owner

of this fine lens, James was most helpful with shipping as well.