This forum

sl1

Somehow, I am seeing this forum slowing going down, and most of the

topics is "Where do I buy the VC lens cheap and how does it compare

to the real Noct? Frankly, it is very boring. Another example : Mr.

Kaplan worshiping. Yes, he maybe the one person who tries to answer

everyones question, after a while, it becomes boring. I think these

informatio whic one can so easilly in the archives, unless something

is changed,

I don't see any point to visit the forum on a daily basis anymore. I

feel so bad about the degrading of the forum, after most of our

elitist or smart members drop out two years ago, due to some of you

guy forgot your manners and turned this into a chat room, it is then

no longer worth visiting. I still contact our past heros, and they

are just as fun, caring, knowledgable as ever, and we all have

decided to lurk only. Our lips are sealed.

My membership is expiring, so good bye and God look after you guys.

Great intro to your post. Insult the forum and all of its members call it (and them) boring and wish out loud that we could have the "elitist" members back again.

I have another suggestion. Post a subject or photographs that are interesting and set an example of the behaviour you say that you miss.

Never mind the 'old days' or the 'glory days' (they never existed and I have been a PN member since 1999) Stop carping on about how great things used to be and do your little bit towards making it better now.

Elitist ?

go to the german Leica forum.... most of the members have their forum names as Dr. this and Dr. that, they get into highhearted stuff to, nothing much to do with photography but still might be the right spot for you....

Ah yes ... and they are really open to non (perfect) german-speakers (whahahahaha)

Gabriel: Al Kaplan is one of the more valuable members of this forum. He brings to the forum a high level of knowledge and expertise, gained over the years. Along with that, he brightens the forum with his sunny personality.

Gabriel, I think you are jealous of the attention Al gets here! Suggest you reflect on this point. Frankly, I can't even place you.

Moderators: this thread can go!

<p><i>"Peter, I looked for the 'N' forum like 'No more' but did not find it. Do you have a hint for me?</i></p>

<p>Kai, the other non-pnet forum is where most of the knowledgeable participants at photo.net's "Classic Cameras" forum migrated to after an an instance of heavy-handed over reaction this summer by one of the forum moderators. That forum hasn't been the same since and when my current photo.net membership expires, I'll probably let it lapse. </p>

Best Regards - Andrew in Austin, TX

I'm in total agreement with Trevor on this one. Since you joined (2003) Gabriel, you've posted 113 times, once or twice a week. What makes this forum still the best, in opinion, is the members who make a point of joining in ongoing threads, or start new ones. What doesn't make it great is sitting on the sidelines, not saying much, then telling everyone how it is boring. You get out of a forum like this what you put in.

...well Gabriel - you shoud sound so neg. etc.. most of your colleagues "the elite" has to work hard hard today, as all the professional photographers do around me in my town Munich... they fight for new jobs and when they finally got one, the expectations are the highest... probably it was always like this...

Therefore new posters come in like me - thought I?m part of the elite soon anyway.

Have a nice day and enjoy your live with wife and M !

Robert<div>00E7Ob-26403784.jpg.61f5d98acfa780a269c4b5af1c40af6e.jpg</div>