Winding film back.

rob_knight

I just got my Hasselbald 500 CM and just finished my first roll on

it. I have never shot medium format untill now, so don't laugh when

I ask this. How do you wind the film back, so that you can take it

out? Where is the release, or is there a release to wind the film?

Just a basic question, nothing crazy.

Thanks alot, Rob

After your 12th shot wind the film the rest of the way onto the takeup spool with the

winding lever on the back that you used when you started the film. Wind until you feel the

resistance decrease. Unlike 35mm. the film IS NOT REWOUND! It keeps going in the same

direction and is taken out on a different (takeup) spool.

(following on from Derek) ... Before sticking down the end of the film fold it over (you will probably be instructed to do so by text on the film) - I understand this makes it easier for the lab staff to find the end of the film in the dark.

Once you've safely put away your exposed film, remove the empty spool from your film back and replace it where the full one just came from. The new film goes in the now empty "slot".

I think that others are trying to say, all rollfilm has a nearly light-proof paper back or (in the case of 220) paper leaders, so after you wind the film completely onto the takeup spool, you can remove the film and takeup spool from the camera without rewinding. For that reason there is no method provided to rewind it.