Etrsi cokin filters

ron_black2

Hi can you help? I have just bought a , Cokin A filter system (used)

I have not used the filters yet but I wondered if i should have

bought the P system I shoot using Etrsi and lenses 50mm 75mm and 150mm

can you tell me if I will get satisfactory results and will I get any

dreaded the vigneting.

Thanks a lot keep up the good work.

Ron Black

Its a few years since I had my ETRS, which I started-off with A system.

The A system holder will accommodate a 62mm adaptor ring, the 75 and 150 wont vignette but the 50 may. You can check for vignetting my attaching the A holder to the 50mm lens, setting F22 and stopping down the aperture. You can then check the edges of the viewfinder for any signs of the filter holder.

Given the difference in price of the A and P system, I would suggest switching to P now, in the long-run you'll be better-off.

ALso suggest you familiarise yourself with Hitech filters, which are better quality than the P Cokins and are roughly the same price. Availability is not so great though.

Tony mentioned Hi-Tech filters and that availability wasn't too good. Have a look at www.formatt.co.uk in their "Stills Photography" section. You need to send them an email to get a price list and phone them to order (they don't have an online ordering system), but they were friendly and efficient when I ordered a filter holder, adaptor ring, and a pack of ND Grads - all for around GBP 40.

I got into HiTech having been advised that Cokin "Grey Grads" are not neutral and will add a colour cast.

I currently have the plastic filter holder for the HITECH 85 SYSTEM - that was to try it out and I may upgrade to the aluminium holder at some point. I am using the filters with an ETRS combined with 75mm and 40mm lenses with no noticeable vignetting problem so far.