Rattling noise from D70

cappoldt

Chris, Does it rattle when it's turned off? Or, just when you depress the shutter? Did you try changing lenses in case it's something with the lens and not the body?

Dang, I hope this isn't something serious. You need that camera for your upcoming trip!

Chris, I just pulled my D70 out of the bag and gave it a shake. I hear a rattling too. If you hadn't posted this I don't think I'd have ever paid any attention to it. I'd have just chalked it up to the strap attachment or something. I've ruled that out. I don't hear the rattle when I rotate the camera to vertical but if I give it a shake, I do hear it. It's clearly something inside the camera. I'm glad to know it's normal.

WHEW - glad its normal. Like Laurie, I initially thought it was just the strap buckle or something...but then yesterday, late at night when the world was a quiet place, I picked it up and the rattle sounded four times as loud - eeesh.

Orientation bearing. Cool.

Thanks, and please continue with your fine Friday mornings as I sigh relief that my main camera body is fine for a trip to sunny Sicily (ok, the N90s is coming, too).

Brian, if the camera detonates, it's your fault for jinxing it. Just so you know, I will blame you.