machine.

Trouble is, documentation is so poor that I can't seem to figure out how to get

a successful multiframe scan of my usual 4-frame strips of 645 format

negatives. The frames don't line up properly so I get half of one negative, a

film rebate line, and another half. I've tried changing frame offsets to no

avail. THere must be something I'm doing wrong, but it's escaped me. Given the

praises that are sung to this software, I'm sure it must actually work, and

well.

Any advice you could offer, or resources to point me to, would be appreciated.

I've never gotten batch scanning to work with 120 film and Vuescan with my 8000, either. As far as I know, there's no way to tell Vuescan what format film you have in the holder, so it defaults to two 6x9 "frames". You can easily figure out the right combination of frame # and offset to position it to one of the 3 (6x6) or 4 (645) frames in a strip, but you still have to scan them one at a time.

Since the Vuescan "frames" are roughly 6x9, you might try playing with it to find settings that allow frame 1 to capture the first two images on a strip and frame 2 to capture the second two. Then you could batch scan the whole strip, but would have to cut the frames apart in photoshop.

Where did you hear that Nikon Scan is going to drop support for the 8000? The 8000 and 9000 are very similar machines, so I'd imagine that if they support one, they'll support the other. Far more likely is that Nikon Scan simply won't be upgraded past v4 except for bug fixes, since film scanners are very much a small niche these days.

Don't know about 8000, but Nikonscan SEES framelines and adjusts itself accordingly with Nikon V and probably 5000/9000...and that only works with color film and C41 B&W, not silver...whereas Vuescan measures distances, doesn't see framelines, and distances have to do with precise frame size and frameline width. The latter means Vuescan's easier for me to use with silver B&W except when using the optional strip film holder, which has no eyes so positions everything manually with both Nikonscan and Vuescan.