Left hander stuck for choice

Realizing this is an oldish thread, I wanted to add a note of dissent here that I am slightly surprised I haven't heard. Well, then again, maybe not surprised. Katherine, you asked, "What happens if you don't actually have a right hand?" or if, like me, you have one that isn't usable, but you still persist irritatingly to demand to be allowed to use professional cameras. In searching for cameras, knowing anything i get is going to be difficult, I chose the one that appealed to me the most in general and will, as usual, just figure out some way to rig it or deal with it. However, doesn't it seem as though there would be a market, albeit small, for a camera with a reversed grip design and ergonimics directed at left handed use. Just because you always used it the way it was doesn't mean you wouldn't benefit from having something that allowed you to really use the fine motor skills in your dominant hand. It is one thing to jot a few words down with your other hand but something else to figure out how the hell you can take photos with a heavy camera when you can't maneuver it properly or hold it still.

I am frustrated that there are only a few smaller digitals that seem even logically possible to operate left handed -- my old canon elph can sort of do it if i hold it facing out from my palm and look through my fingers to see bits of screen -- when you are going to design something specifically for handedness of any kind, it ought to be available on both sides.

I have a new camera coming that looks like it'll be a challenge. If I come up with any bright ideas, I'll pass them on.