tripod collar for a nFD 300mm f4L

dan_k2

Well Dan,

Good luck on your quest! Together with the 34mm drop-in filters, vertical release buttons for the T-90 and some other FD stuff, this is one of the higly sought after items I think.

I can only wish you good luck and give you some (obvious) pointers.

First off course is ebay, second is ask in all camera shops you pass.

The last option has been very fortunate for me, it has brought me many lenshoods, caps and a tripod collar!

You can also consider another 300 F4 on ebay with a collar, remove it and sell the 300 f4 again without the collar.

Another option: check outt a Bogen-Manfrotto catalogue, or on line and take a look at the long lens support attachments they make. One seems to use buckle straps to secure the lens to a mount that then goes onto the tripod head. The other is an arm that extends down to one of the tripod legs.

• 1 year later...
i just bought a 400 4.5 without a tripod coller (i misread the info, i thought it said missing caps.... stupid me) so i'll probably be hurtin without a coller pretty bad. However, i was thinking about making one? maybe just make a U shaped coller out of some hardwood and screwing that onto my monopod etc. Wouldnt be the most secure, but it may be better than nothing. Maybe even take a hinge and make something more elaberate and put teflon tape on the inside so the lense can rotate a little easier. Thoughts?