M6 titanium set

blake_dennis1

Hello,

I am looking at a Leica M6 titanium body and a titanium SUMMILUX-M 35mm/f1.4. The

body has all original packaging including manuals and strap. The lens does not have any

packaging or manuals. Both are the titanium versions. The body is a 1993 model and the

lens is 1994. Both pieces have been tracked by Leica and are NOT stolen.

Can anyone please help me place a value on these two pieces together? Any information

would help.

Thanks

Blake,

You didn't mention condition. Has the camera had any film in it? How much? Any scrapes or dings? A mint one is usually around $1,800.00 these days and a minty example of the titanium non-ASPH lens just went for $1,400.00 on eBay (I was shocked).

Does the lens have it's little hood and lens cap?

Make sure..

Blake,

No one else is helping you here?

Well, OK, just me; I have the same setup, a Ti M6 and 35 Ti pre-ASHP 'Lux. Nice to shoot with...

I'd say $1,500.00 for the camera and a grand for the lens would be a fair price in this condition.... So, $2,500.00.

Just my opinion though!

www.stevehoffman.tv

Blake, I guess it depends on condition and how badly you want it.

For what it is worth, an M6 Ti in not quite mint condition went for $1575.00 recently on ebay. Paul Rybolt in this forum sold an M6 TTL Ti for $2000.00 and Paul's camera is pretty damn mint.

I have seen the M6 Ti go for between $1500 and $1800.00 on ebay, depending on the crazy season.

So, that's your spread.

Hi, I have exactly the same set for sale, both items like new, boxed and with all original

documentation and accessories.

I would not take less than GBP 2,250 for the set (or GBP 1,250 for the body and GBP 1,000

for the lens.

That is approx $3,900 at today exchange rate.

The lack of the box on your lens will probably set back $200 on its value ( Leica collectors

usually like to have the complete packaging...) but having said that very recently on ebay a

summilux 35mm 1.4 titanium with no box and NO hood ended up for over $1,800...

An M6 Titanium body recently sold on ebay for $2,395 (item number 7555285994).