Pradovit P150 vs P300

joop

For my birthday I got a P150. However, for some extra $$ (I believe

200 Euro) I could change it at the shop and get the P300.

I know the P300 has a 250 W lamp vs 150W for the P150.

In my recent livingroom the projection screen is not going to be

larger then 1,5 m x 1`,5 m.

I also heard the P300 has a colorplan90 vs a more "plastic" hektor85

in the P150. In the archives some people see difference, but others don't.

Is there a difference in noise level?

What is your advice? Thanks.

Joop,

I had a Rollei 35 projector and was very happy with it and thought there is no better solution for me. But then my girlfriend came home with a Leica 2502 (?) projector that was on the garbage pile at the school she is working for. Although I only have a 150mm lens for it which is far too long, it is head and shoulders above the (not bad) Rollei. If I only could find a correct lens for this old beauty, I would give away the Rollei at once: The 250w lamp makes much more shiney pictures and the transport is also much smoother than with the (all-metal) Rollei.

So if you really want to make yourself a present, the 300 is the way to go, but the 150 is not a bad alternative that would place you near heaven if you did not knew a 300 would exist ...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Joop.

You must have missed my thread entitled "slides jamming in a new P300" posted at this forum. If you have a lot of slides stored in universal magazines, then I would say don't even consider buying the P300 (but I have no idea if the P150 works any better).

The Australian Leica distributors have as much as told me that the P300 is "not designed to handle thin mounts in universal mags" & that I should use LKM mags at all times. I was getting a jam about every 15 slides with the projector I purchased.

The distributor modified my projector by cutting off part of the slide feed guide on the upper body section and glued a strip of plastic on the tray channel to raise the slides. These mods made the projector incompatible with LKMs so I have had to return the projector for the 3rd time to get this reversed.

I have been without the projector for 80% of the time since purchasing it in May this year. Cries for help put in the "contact us" box at the Leica Germany web site have gone unanswered.

My next projector will not be a Leica.

Cheers,

Hamish.