greg_moss2

To those who have used both, is there a significant difference in

the noise at, say ISO 1600 and 3200 between the two? I have the 1 D

MkII and wonder if the "upgrade" would be worth it, but just in

regards to ISO noise. I will probably wait until PMA to see what may

come out of the Canon camp. Also, is there a significant difference

in the focus speed in low light?

Thanks!

I have both, and there are alot more differences than just a bigger screen and buffer Hans,

but I have yet to see a difference in high ISO noise. Both cameras are excellent!

If you already own a non -N it's probably not worth the money you'll lose. But if you're a new

buyer, I'd easily fork over an extra $500 for added features of the N.

Not sure about noise differences between the two, but Canoin suggests that the differences between the Mark II and the Mark IIN are the ability to change focusing screens, a larger LCD screen on back, and the ability to see ISO changes within the viewfinder. Those features are nice but probably not worth upgrading if you already own a Mark II. The one issue that you might want to consider is that some Mark II cameras had a problem with the shutters breaking...mine broke while on assignment in Sri Lanka, my full write up along with photos is here http://karlgrobl.com/EquipmentReviews/BrokenShutter.htm

Canon fixed it for me no-charge when I got back to California but it was quite an inconvenience to have the camera fail while working overseas. The Canon Mark II is a fantastic piece of machinerey, personally I see no need to upgrade to the N at this time. Good luck with your decision, Karl<div>00F1Ph-27782684.jpg.a0015ce321aaff50a04846be03b79833.jpg</div>