Can you recommend tripod head for Fuji 617 ?

alvin_hear

A geared head is nice for getting things perfectly level, parallel, etc. I use the Bogen 410 geared head. It's like a three-way pan tilt head in that adjustments can be made in one direction without changing anything else but it's better because the adjustments can be made in very tiny and very precise increments. The Bogen costs about $150 IIRC so it isn't cheap but it isn't outrageous either and I think it's worth it.

I tried a ball head, a pan tilt head and finally settled on the 410. Using it with an artpan 617 and a noblex 135 plus a 4x5. I love it. Makes using the panoramic much easier and after 2 months, would not go back to the others. Ball head is great for digital/35/med format but the minute levelling for pano requires the 410...you will love it.....richard brown

I've been using the Gitzo G-2272M quick release 3-way pan tilt head since March of this year (35mm, 120, 4x5 field) and I really like it a lot, the low profile, quick release, smooth operating knobs, etc. Bought a handful of extra plates, what a time-saver. Prior to that for my lighter tripod I used a crappy 23-year old Velbon pan head. The Gitzo is not cheap, but you get what you pay for. The price has gone up almost 10% at B&H since I purchased! I looked at the 410, it weighs over a pound more.