Should I be concerned with corruption?

dan_f2

Have seen these kind of things before and if I'm not mistaken it was the memory card (in that case).

But since you never even formatted the card inside the Rebel I would also suggest to try that one first.

If the problem still remains there is only one simple way to rule the rest out : try to take pics with another CF card (but also format it first inside the Rebel). These days you probably know someone else with a digital camera that (hopefully) uses the same type of card.

Ps does it also shows up like this on the display of the Rebel or is it ok then?

I have seen similar pictures on 2 occasions: (1) with a HDD that also had other problems, probably due to some kind of PC hardware compatability problems and (2) with a compatibility problem between one of my CF cards and a PD70X storage device. The latter concerned a Extrememory card that functioned well with other devices (Sitecom PSD and card readers), the PD70X showed no problems with several Sandisk cards. In some cases the Raw file showed these problems while the JPG was still readable (Canon EOS-10D files).

It's file corruption. Some of the instructions for assembling the photo are messed up and you have a mess. It only takes a byte or two of data to cause this.

If you haven't erased the card - try downloading it again. If the problem is in your cardreader, you may still have problems, but probably not exactly the same. You can try downloading to a different PC or with a different reader. You can try downloading from the camera directly.

If the image on the card is really corrupted, you can look for physical camera damage - like bent pins.

Always format your card with the camera - not the PC. Don't open the door when the camera is writing the image.

I think that your problem is more likely to be in the card reader or connecting cable than with the card or the camera.