The Leica Forum

keith_laban

In the past I spent many an hour grazing the Leica Forum when I

should have perhaps been editing images, making prints and doing

photographer stuff. Strange, I've never so much as held a Leica but

the forum had an undeniable draw. I still visit, but alas these days

it's only for a minute or two before I return to the grindstone, just

nothing much to hold the attention and justify my avoidance tactics.

What happened to the visual treats, the stimulating argument; all but

gone.

Of course I should be grateful, my output has increased and workflow

improved, but I'm not, just rather saddened.

I realise and accept that this post will not be popular, probably

doesn't reflect the views of many others here and may be well be

deleted. Whatever...

The sun was sunnier when I was a kid, bread tasted.. breadier and every day was Christmas. Things were always better 'back then' and children always had respect and the worst crime was apple scrumping... blather blather...clip them round the ear... witter witter.... (I know this for a fact because old ladies tell me it is so and they are always right aren't they?)

I have been contributing since the Leica Photography Forum moved here to PN and it seems about the same. Maybe the Trolls were 'Trollier' back then. (I have seen Phil Kneen on Leica's official website customer forum and he seems almost statesmanlike nowadays.)

Trevor, you must admit it's not as funky as it used to be, and I'm one of those people who thinks funky=fun, sure not everyone agrees but you (as a decent photographer) must admit the standard of shots nowadays is complete bollocks. Steve West, Edmo, Tan Tien Yung etc, etc, all hugely talented and GONE. Whilst I'm staying (until pushed), I thought this was all about photography. It ain't, it's about 'photo gear for gentlemen'. Er, and some ladies . . .

Gosh Keith, you know Vivek is right. Help stop the rot. Post some superb photos here and initiate some crackling repartee. With any luck this will NOT result in you getting thrown out for not living in Florida! I couldn't give a rat's squit anymore personally. Hey I'm English, I'm drunk and I don't photograph my own freaking head every 2 minutes and get some old hippess to do scans with a 1950s photocopier and the only version of photoshop in the western hemisphere with 'Grass'ian bluuurrrr.

Bye bye all. Toodle pip. I'm off to be ill it seems more fun right now.

Apple Scrumping... I've heard of this, that's what those British boys do with their little Toodle Pips way out there in the countryside. It gets mighty lonely out there. It's an old one, don't ever fall for it if some bloke asks you to bend over and round up the fallen apples. They don't be yelling Tally Ho! for nothing.

I used to treasure the rasp-like tongue of Jay, even when it was directed at me. His opinions were harsh, but humerous. I think what really irritated people was that he was nearly always right wgeb ut came to Leica equipment. The forum is still useful (I received an immaculate M3 plus DR 50 mm Summicron today thanks to a forum member, and it is a thing of beauty. I had never before been in the same room as an M3, to the best of my knowledge, and I am 69. If only the sun would shine in Seattle some time before next May). Still, the forum is more bland than before. I don't denigrate good manners, but we still need some iconoclasts. And more good photos posted.

I see this cry every few months since I joined here. Yes some guys are missed and some are not. That's life. This forum sucks sometimes and so does everyone of us. Conversely....eh never mind. I'm sitting in a strange barn full of people with costumes with only 8 frames left on my Fuji 1600. Back to picture taking. Papa.

I think you were being a little rewd there John!

Now clean up cos like all sentimental drunks I wanted to show you a family pic of my youngest daughter. Oh yes we cannot do that 'cos the S&D hard core will sneer.

Well **** them John 'cos you are my best friend ever....<div>00E2DV-26293884.jpg.7330d080bbf177b574df0a7125b5fe98.jpg</div>