Camera bag shoulder strap

peter_cofran

I searched on line and locally for a cushioned pad that would go around a strap and fasten with Velcro. No success, until a clerk at a local camera store told me to go to an automobile supply store and look in the seat belt section. I found just what I wanted at Pep Boys. And of course the price was much lower than anything sold in a camera store.

If you have a Billingham bag with a D-ring on each side, then all you need to do is get a neoprene shoulder strap with hooks for those D-rings. You have many options - Tamrac, Optech, etc...

If your Billingham doesn't have D-rings, then yes, you'd need some kind of pad that wraps around the strap.

KL

Anyone who works with leather should be able to make you a <em>matching</em> leather pad. They can attach it permanently, or with snaps so it's removable, or they could attach D-rings to your existing setup so you could slide the pad on and offor use an entirely different strap.

thx for your help. I decided to go with a multipurpose sholder bag pad sold by ergopad. Looks like it should give more support, the rubber won't absorb water and it should be less apt to slide. I'll post my experience with it when i get it.

<p><a href="http://www.ergopad.com/luggagepad/package1.5.htm">http://www.ergopad.com/luggagepad/package1.5.htm</a></p>

I got the ergopad and it's pretty good. One thing it unequivocally fixes is my camera bag no longer slips off my shoulder. The soft rubber dimples really grab. It also looks nice, I ordered the transparent and it doesn't stick out. As far as comfort its just ok. It doesn't provide a lot of extra cushion and isn't wider that the camera strap so it doesnt redistribute the weight to a wider area.

• 3 weeks later...

<i>Mark Peters , jan 26, 2006; 12:22 a.m.<br>

How about the Domke FA-031 "Post office" shoulder pad? About $13 and has velcro tabs that allows it wrap around any shoulder strap, not just Domke. Does a wonderful job of cushioning the weight on your shoulder</i>

<p>

I was visiting NYC last weekend I stopped in at B&H and picked up the Domke shoulder pad and it was the winner! feels fantastic. thx for the suggestion.