How's the tonality of this lens?

regit_young1

Okay, since this is evolving into some kind of a quiz (what's in the jackpot?) here's my guess: 50 Industar. <p>The bokeh is quite busy, so it's definitely not a Summicron. Tonality is hard to judge, not knowing your film/developer/scanner settings. Anyway, I've seen smoother and richer from Summicron/Neopan/T-Max developer and proper PS work. Film could be Delta 400 - but that's just a wild guess... :-)

On my screen, the dog's paw, well above the paw actually, is loosing detail and the dark black part of the dog is just a black blob. Now I know this is my screen because it is a laptop and not very good seeing tonal differences and I am sure in a print you could get these parts to hold detail. If this were my shot, I would do exactly what John says above, bring the background down, especially the door to the outside, it is too white and bright and takes my eyes away from the dog(a very cute dog by the way). I would also bring the dog's paw down a bit, so detail is kept.

The bokeh in the background is distracting and I would do something to soften it. Its a good shot and you did a good job of capturing the dog looking at the camera.

O my dog, Regit, don't let us alone so long time guessing without your placet! I agree it should have been a modern fast 50mm- Nokton?Adressing the last post: IS that puppy looking to the camera?! And if or if not, what's so honorable of keeping your lazy,trustful ol' chap for more than some seconds in his favorite sofa? Fed him even ?

40m F2 Rokkor's would be my guess as I have one and OOF can get a bit busy like this.

I can't easily make out any individual dogs whiskers and exact point of focus looks to be slightly in front of the plane in line with dog's ear approx the first nail on the paw.

Cute though whatever it was shot on.