R2,8/135 on DMR

salvatore

Salvatore, why do you ask about this one lens in particular with the DMR? I don't have a DMR, but when I use my 135 Elmarit with film, I am very pleased with my results. The color is outstanding, and the lens is certainly sharp enough for practical photography! There is no reason to expect any problem with a lens of this focal length when used on the DMR. One may wonder, for example, how well a 15mm or a 19mm would perform, since there are potentially some issues with very wide-angle lenses. But for lenses of normal and longer focal length, I don't know why there would be any issues to worry about.

Rob

I am used to the VE 70-180 that is an outstanding lens at 135mm.

But it is extremely heavy�plus R8 and DMR I see my self�s doing bodybuilding for to handhold the system. So the idea is to use the 135mm as an alternative to the VE in 180 mm position. The other thing is, before buying an old lens I would like to be sure, that the lens performance is so that differences to the VE could be neglected.

Salvatore,

I have been using the 135/2.8 on my DMR and am pleased with the results. While it may be a bit softer wide-open than the 180/2.8, I believe that this makes the lens a nice option for portraits.

With the crop factor of the DMR, you get close to a natural 180mm length. I also like the colors (especially the reds and pinks) you get with this lens. Stopped down one or two stops, the lens is very sharp. In short, is an excellent Leica "bargain" lens.