HP 7960 image centering

I have an HP7960 photo printer. Been using for about a year and am

happy with it. I usually print 8.5x11 or 4x6 borderless prints with

no problems. Currently, I am encountering a problem with centering an

8x10 image on 8.5x11 photopaper. The image will measure exactly 8x10

on the paper, but I do not get an even border all the way around. I

have tried a myriad of setting in the driver to no avail. Also spent

too much time with HP online tech support..... to no avail. All I

want to do is center the image. Any thoughts??

Thanks in adavnce

I have had the same problem with the same printer for the same amount of time.

Just last night I discovered that I could improve the centering of the image on the paper by printing from HP Photo Imaging & Director (the software that came with the printer) rather than the Windows printing wizard. The centering still isn't perfect, but it's better.

Jonathan,

I printed out of the HP director as well and got "better" results just as yourself. I did this to make sure my photo editing software was not the problem.

BTW, no problems printing the same file from a buddys computer, using same photo editing software, to an Epson.

Seems to lead ya to believe this is an HP issue.

I've made templates for the common sizes of paper I use. Just Photoshop documents with a series of squares corresponding to borderless, 1/8 in border, 1/4 in border. Then I just resize my image to the proper dimensions and paste it into the document for printing, always using borderless 8.5x11 paper mode.

You'll probably need 1/2 hour and a bunch of guess-and-check tries to get the templates correct. Just make some squares in the corners and measure until you get everything right. (Note that it's never perfect because of slight error loading the paper.) I've also noticed it usually loads the paper just slightly rotated, and I correct for that too (just make a note of the correct rotation to apply after you past the destination image in).