neat hood for Jupiter-9 85mm?

mbroom

hi. recently I got a Jupiter-9 85mm f2,

and trying to find hood.

what I found are:

nikon HN-31, HN-23, HS-10

Canon BT-72.

I wonder about any vignetting occurs if I use them in my J9.

thanks and happy holiday season!

[first, I should find out exact filter size..

many versions, different sizes]

Before spending fortunes on a hood check out your RF alignment, if you haven't grabed the SLR version. I'd try to get a idea of the risk of vignetting with some cardboardtube viewing through the corners of the opened shutter at f2.0

Hoods sold with Tamron's old 90mm macro or 75-150 f3.5 should fit too if you have 49mm filter thread. I didn't test it due to RF trouble.

Good luck and happy shooting.

I don't know about the Canon hood, but HN-31 is for AF Nikkor 85/1.4D with 77mm thread and HN-23 for AF 85/1.8 with 62mm thread. The HS-10 is for Ai(-s) Nikkor 85/2 with 52mm thread and this is snap-on type as oppsed to the other two which are screw-in type.

If your Jupiter-9 is for M42 screw mount, the filter thread should be 49mm and you need a step-up ring for any one of the Nikon hoods. Aside from the filter thread, any hood should work fine with your Jupiter but the both HN type hoods may be too big to handle.

Incidentally, I don't think that Canon has ever made any lens with 49mm thread (FE or FD), so you would also need a step-up ring for BT-72.

Hope this helps,

Akira