Color balance/pink hues

kim_ramsey

I know the lighting was too bright on this picture. but, aside from

that, even when my lighting is good my pictures still have a pink

hue to them. I'm using the cannon rebel digital. Does anyone know

how to prevent this from occuring. During the shoot the pictures

look fine on the view finder. But, when I upload them I get pink

photos! grrr....

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the software I was using. I was using Picasa to upload and make basic tweaks before exporting the files and opening them in Photoshop. Apparently it's a bug in Picasa that it discards the colour profile info when it exports and so a new profile is assigned when you open it in PS. There are only a small handful of programs that can deal with the colour profiles correctly so could this be your problem?

How do other kinds of photos look. Do outside photos on a sunny day have normal colors when you use a white balance setting for DAYLIGHT or AUTO?

Try experimenting with AUTO, DAYLIGHT, TUNGSTEN, and FLASH settings for the white balance and see what happens. Shoot outside, inside without flash, and inside with flash.

Is there a hunge difference between photos with and without flash?

Is anything mis-set in your software?

Do you have normal looking photos that you have taken since you took this one?

Just some things to check into.

Jim

Another thing to check is the "Setting Processing Parameters" pg. 56 of the manual. Maybe your color tone is incorrectly set.

My Rebel doesn't have this problem but my old point and shoot gives everything a yellow cast and it's a problem with the white balance. I have to manually adjust it everytime I turn on the camera. I sure wish it was under warranty.