Hasselblad A 12 back problem???

maddog50

Hi I am having a problem with a Hasselblad A12 back that wont let

me shoot all of the pictures on the roll The last 2 rolls have

stopped at frame 9 and wont go any farther Its a back that came

with a 500classic kit in 1990 Any thoughts would be great Mark

Mark,

The most likely cause of this problem is that the magazine is spacing the frames too far apart from each other, and by the time you reach the 9th frame, the number wheel has passed the number 12, not allowing the camera to fire.

Try this test ...

Attach the film back (without any film in it) to the camera body. Remove the insert, then put the insert back into the magazine shell. Turn the winding crank on the film back until it stops at number 1. Remove the dark slide, fire the camera, and advance the camera. Look at the number in the window on the film back. You should see the number 2. Fire the camera again, advance the camera, and look at the window on the film back. You should see the number 3. Continue doing this for all 12 exposures. Each time you wind the camera body, you should see the next number in the window in the film back. If the film back advancing too far, you won't see the next number in succession in the film window. If this is the case, the film back is winding too far between each frame, leaving too much space between each negative, and not letting you shoot past the 9th exposure.

If this is the case, you will need to have the film back serviced.

David S. Odess

Factory trained Hasselblad technician

www.david-odess.com

Thanks David for the help When I did what you said the camera stopped on #3 and will not wind it seems like it got jammed up I checked the spacing on a an earlier back and they seem to be the same distance but when i tried your idea it stopped Mark