Previous question about EOS 5D and EOS 1D MkII

gordon_kraeger1

Ken,

I may be misunderstanding you some on your response. And, of course, this wasn't my questions originally. But what do you mean about finding a 4 mp 1D for under $500? Are you talking about comparing the film camera to the 5D. Agian, I may be confused, and mean no offense. Also, is there a problem with the 1D MkII that I am not aware of?

Thanks

Gordon - Essentially, I think the responses suggest that your question is so basic and vague as to be unanswerable except in broad generalities. "Considerations" would include every meaningful attribute of each camera. Kind of like asking someone to compare a 2005 Lincoln Navigator and a 1998 Toyota Avalon or something. Until you know specifically what you want to photograph and what result you want to produce, you can't "work backwards" toward finding the equipment that will do the job for you. So, either vehicle will get you where you're going, for most of the travel that people in the US do. Offroad vs highway comfort may be another story. HTH.

<i>"I may be misunderstanding you some on your response. And, of course, this wasn't my questions originally. But what do you mean about finding a 4 mp 1D for under $500? Are you talking about comparing the film camera to the 5D. Agian, I may be confused, and mean no offense. Also, is there a problem with the 1D MkII that I am not aware of?"</i><p>

A 1D is the original 1.3 crop factor Canon DSLR. It is only 4MP and pretty old technology by now. I do not think such a camera would be worth more than $500. The 1DMkIIN camera is purported to be AWESOME.