subscription problem

anndra

I recently paid $68 for three years + 18 months bonus subscription.

Neither the paypal receipt or my workspace page indicate anything more

than the three years.

Any suggestions as to what has gone wrong or what to do?

tia for any assistance with this matter - Anndra.

It was a mistake. When the system crashed on October 7, we restored a lot of files from backups. One of the restored files was the subscription page as it is existed before the subscription drive ended on October 1. I didn't notice that this happened for a few days and during those few days, the Subscription Page referred to the 18 month promotional upgrade on a 36 month subscription which had been in effect during the subscription drive.

The reference to the 18 months extension was only on the subscription page itself. Once you were on the payment server, there was no reference to the extra 18 months. It simply stated 36 months. The PayPal page where you agreed to the charge would have said 36 months. If you printed out your Confirmation page, where you finally clicked to confirm your purchase, it would have stated 36 months. Your PayPal receipt would have stated 36 months. All this was because the subscription drive had ended, and only the subscription page was in error, and a 36 month subscription was for 36 months.

However, if you subscribed only because of the extra 18 months mentioned on the subscription page, and insist that we honor what the subscription page said, despite it being an error, rather than what all the subsequent pages that you clicked through and confirmed said, I will give you the extra 18 months. Send me an email requesting it. (But I hope you don't, and I will think you are being somewhat unreasonable if you do.)

I guess I can't see where that would be "unreasonable." If it was advertised, by mistake or not he should not have to ask for the 18 months. Sorry, I agree with you most of the time Brian, but this time I can't. It was not his fault things got screwed up. I think you really just need to give him the 18 months. Make him mad and not only will he tell others, but you might lose a subscription when his time is up. Don't you think that photo.net should be represented as being a fair site? Hope I'm not on your bad side now!

I don't think it would be unreasonable if it said "extra 18 months" at every stage along the way. But after the subscription page that said extra 18 months, there are about 4 more screens that you have to click "confirm" or "continue" on in order to complete the transaction, and none of these said "extra 18 months". I already said I would honor the 18 months anyway, if he insists, but I don't think he should.

No, I wont demand it as I accept this as being an honest mistake rather than some intent to mislead.

The bottom line for me is that I would have subscribed to photo.net irrespective of the offer and just felt I was getting an exceptionally good deal rather than the every good one.

Thank you for clarifying matters on my behalf.