Genius Cameras

arunarchi

ya gotta ask yourself, can i really get one for 500 bucks? most likley? NO! there will be a catch. Youll order it, they will call you to confirm the order, then, they will hard sell you a bunch of stuff to go wit it, youll say nothanks then most likley, they will tell you its on back order and youll end up waiting so long, youll most likley cancell the order, or they will sell it for the 500 bucks but youll pay another 200 for shipping and handeling.

beware of low bal sales tactics, they will always come at a price!

go to B7H or amazon or even Dell. at least they wont rip you off.

-zacker-

Abe's of Maine?!

They are not generally thought of as one of the premier, reputable dealers. In

fact they are frequently derided as one of the classic bait and switch

merchants (although possibly not quite in the same league as Genius).

Check the reviews and decide if you would trust them with your credit card...

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2003.html

I forgot to put a smiley face after a cheeky and non sequitur remark about Abe's of Maine. I had read a recent Q by Arun asking about Abe's, beloved by some,sneered by some,ignored by most. Didn't make an impression apparently,so why not go for Abe's I am saying. (It is actually possible once in a while,to use an analogy, for the slot machines to pay off once in a great while.)Arun is not lookin for reputable, just the bottom price. Bottom price,and a good rap sheet.

Nice thought,but.

The catch is that they want to sell you at $199 the very battery and battery charger that Canon includes in the Rebel XT kit -- when you fall for this trick, you find that someone at GeniusComputers.Com has never opened the box since it left the Canon factory -- yet their invoice states that they shipped you a battery and Battery charger.