buying from "infintiphoto"

Normally, places like B&H and Adorama will sell it about as cheap as it can be sold. If you see it sold much cheaper elsewhere, it's probably a scam of one type or another. Or a "scum"!

Look on the "neighbor-to-neighbor" section on this site. If you can't find anything about them, that's a bad sign.

On their website...UPS ground shipping is $32. Hmmmm. Non-refundable- if they send you the wrong thing, you're still out $32. In Brooklyn- bad sign. No street address listed- bad sign. To return, you have to have a return authorization, but to do that, you have to get ahold of them- can be a bad sign. See what the store looks like here: http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Note their other names when using Neighbor-to-Neighbor.

I have a basic rule... Anytime I make an observation like yours "the price is very good (too good...", it's usually just not worth the potential aggrevation, especially buying over the internet where your all your options (including legal) get very limited. When spending 'significant' bucks, I buy from where I know (usually Adorama, BHPhoto, or Amazon), or local....

Interestingly enough, these 'scammers' have been with us forever - it used to be they were just in the back of magazines, but the internet has made it MUCH easier for them to reach out, as well as create new 'masking' identities.

Sometimes I *carefully* buy other less expensive stuff from Ebay stores or other 'small' dealers - but do your research...first! There's a bunch of folks who are very ethical and sell out of their garage - but they're not likely to be 'certified' dealers for very expensive components (and certainly provide zero service)...

pat