Canon A80 and ac adapter

I would say that is strange behavior, but what happens over time? Does the camera continue to function as normal even with the low battery indicator? If so, you might be able to chalk it up to wierdness and ignore the false low-battery indication. If not (if the camera shuts itself down) then either the AC adapter is faulty, the connection to the camera is faulty, or the camera is faulty.

Is there a way for you to check the camera with a different AC adapter?

It functions normally, but I haven't left it on for long. If the adapter is not providing the required current continuously, but only for a short time on start-up, that could be why the power light blinks. The adapter is a Maxell universal. It has a 4.3 volt, positive tip setting which is correct for the a-80 and says it outputs 1.8 amps, but it is very small and light. It can't posibly put out that much amps steadily.

I know from my power tools, if the motor doesn't get the current it demands, it will get hot and be damaged.

I was just wondering if anyone has the Canon adapter with any A-series camera, if they can plug it in and tell me if the power light blinks after it has been on for a minute.

As usual, Canon tech support is less than useless.

Thanks,

Ben.