Can anyone help me identify this problem?

xbow

Put a bright light inside the camera and turn off the lights to see where the light is leaking from, it's that simple insetead of just guessing. Be sure to extend the bellows all teh way out and flex it at the folds. If it is leaking anywhere, you will see it right away.
The more you say, the less people listen.

I think if it were a scratch on the neg the line on the print would be dark. The emulsion removed from the film would allow more light to burn a darker line on the paper. It looks as maybe something is deposited on the negative, if a speck of dust is on the neg it will be a light spot on the print.

The light bar from top to bottom looks like a light leak. A light leak isn't always a problem. The leaking area sometimes has to be directed towards a very bright light. The other frame "without" the mark does have other marks, scratches along the length of the film. These will be from either problems on the rollers or pressure plate.

Odds are, the leak is going to be on the door. Put new foam in it. What if it doesn't use foam? Put some in anyway. So long as it closes and blocks the light...

Jeff,

Thanks, I see what I can do about adding material. There is surprisingly little in the way of baffling material around the door hinges.

In the second picture I accidentally captured the contrails of two airliners. Are those the marks you are talking about?

Thanks again

I was able to check out the camera, once I emptied it of film. I went into a dark room and carefully inserted a bright flashlight into the bellows area (internal). I saw no leakage at all in the bellows, or in any of the area around the shutter.

Inspecting the inside, I also saw no shiney metal pieces or bellows edges inside the camera. Everything looks to be in good shape and no paint is missing anywhere.

In my mind, I am back to a light leak along the hinge of the door when the sun is in the right spot and providing the film stays there long enough.

Any last thoughts?

Thanks again for all the help.

John