Posted Katrina picks of my house

sam_portera

Sorry for posting so many images. The images thru the breached family room were after the storms peak; after I came down from the attic. It was like being inside a washing machine in the family room; with waves crashing thru; crap moving around everywhere. Here we got a 20 foot dock too from 6 miles away; that went abit into the room. A 40 foot cedar tree floated up by the Kitchen area. The family room got manyn railroad ties; deck boards; dozens of bushels of marsh grass; shimp packing boxes; neighbors furniture; dead squirels; live snakes; zillion ants. During a storm the ants get in a big ball; and float as one wad; like basketball to small beachball size.

Sam:

I'm on my way back to my old house in a few minutes... still trying to find a few things to retrieve. Lakeview undoubtedly will have to be torn down. I have some pics of the inside of my house that I'll post when I have a few minutes free time. It's as though the devil went inside our homes and said "what can I do to really hurt these people?" And the stench is unbearable.

Bur, hey... we'll survive. Sam, I'm sorry we never hooked up... probably my fault. E-mail me when you can and let's see if we can rectify that. Take care.

Dennis

Dennis, I glad to hear your ok too. I would like to hook up with you guys also. I almost feel guilty on how lucky I was. My condo in Beau Chene had stress but survived, and my house in New Orleans is on St. Andrew in the Lower Garden District only had some wind damage. I lost my boat in Hopedale, but at times I forget I owned a boat because of all that my friends and family have lost. My prayers are with you guys.

DENNIS!! good to hear from you! We should get together, all of us.

Oliver, sorry to hear about your boat. Nothing left i hopedale as far as I know. I am going back in Saturday, I hope to have time to drive down the road to Hopedale and Delecriox. I'll post more next week.

Kelly sorry that you are in this mess too. We should start a Katrina Photography club! Thanks for the pictures, must have been horrible to stay. Atleast I was able to get out at the last moment.

More bad news, Charity Hospital in N.o. where I work was deemed unsalvagable. I may have to work in Alexandria for a very long time, or give up my position with the state.

Thank you everyone.