rather smoothly time after time but since kindergarten that has

always escaped me haha. So instead I add a muted signature to the

least noticeble spot on the bottom or top border. Blend it in with

PS hue/saturation controls so it does not stand out or detract from

the image. And usually save the signature as a separate layer that I

can delete or change later.

...David

www.davidsenesac.com

This is off topic but as a purchaser of art I would not like the signature as part of the print. If it was just a picture and it was sold by bulk than it would be alright. If it was a limited edition fine art print I would only accept an authentic signature. Just my opinion.

Ed

Mr Smith there are certainly some among buyers of fine are who may share your opinion, "Unless you want to sell your prints real cheap!", but I've chosen not to share that view as too important. And of course I was aware some might think so when I began using digital signatures. You may be surprised by some of the pros that are already doing so. In fact galleries representing deceased photographers are sometimes adding a digital signature because a real one is of course impossible.

In my own case I don't at this point sell matted or framed prints. So cannot in any case pencil up the mat. And that of course grates against those who think lack of even a mat is "unprofessional". Ahh but now quite a few other pros are doing that too. Yes and a few prints are being sent directly from labs to galleries without the need to ship a print to the photographer in the process. Also to sign atop a print has always been controversial, especially for scenic landscapes. Personally I hate doing that because one can easily muck it up. In my own case I have few qualms about going against the grain of those who cling to traditional accepted methods of presentation and framing. And in any case, will happpilly agree to sign a print if a buyer asked.

...David

www.davidsenesac.com