Nikon 28-105 D Type Lens

riz

Hi,

I am going to buy Nikon 28-105 D Type Lens for my Nikon F70. Will it

be a wise decision.

I am not happy with my existing Tamron 28-300 Macro lens. I don't get

good quality pictures where colors and contrast should be good.

You advice would definitely help me.

Regards,

Riz

Where do you get your film processed? I use Fuji film and process it at a camera store that uses a Fuji Frontier machine with Fuji paper. Incredible results. I had one roll done at the local drug store and it was horrible. I know if I had had it done with a Fuji machine it would have been fine. Try a different processor. My 28-105mm works fine.

Ken K

Hi. I have this very combination - Nikon F70 & 28-105. Very versatile & overall very good results. Colour and contrast both good. Even quite acceptable wide open! Lens flares if you are not careful, although sunsets come out perfectly, even with sun in picture.

The macro switch can be a bit tricky at times - but it does give quite reasonable up to 1:2 close-ups (remember to tripod mount & stop down for best depth of field at these close distances).

Ken Rockwell quotes focussing errors on the F100, but no problems on my F70. In short - best thing I did was to trade in my Sigma 28-70 EX f2.8 for the 28-105.

Only thing you need to watch is a shadow from the built in flash at wide-angles - especially if you use a lens hood.

Some sources claim lens vignettes - mine is fine, but best to go for thinnest filter you can get.

Hope this helps!

Summary - mine's a keeper even if I 'upgrade' to digital!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I had a choice of two lenses, the 28-105 D which you've mentioned and the 24-85 IF lense. They both have Macro and the results are very good. However, 28-105 has further reach, and I'm told it's better lense of the two. The price is also lower, but I went for 24-85 instead. I wondering if I had made the right choice. I'm going to look at 28-105 because the qualities are very good from what I can see over the net from various pictures I've seen using the lense. The advantage of 24-85 is somewhat brighter..and it's also little more modern looking.