350D with Sigma EF-500 Dg Super

russell_king3

Hi, I have just bought a Sigma EF 500 DG Super flash for my EOS 350D.

Everything seems fine apart from one thing. It says that the flash

should automatically zoom based on the focal length of the lens. I

managed by fluke to get this working once but have failed to get it

working since. Has anyone managed to get this working properly?

Russell

Yes, my Sigma 500 works fine with my 20D. There should be no problem with your 350D. But as the first thread suggests you must ensure the wide angle diffuser is flipped back out of the way. There is a switch on it in the 'park' position. If the 28mm and the 105mm lights are fashing together then the switch has not been made.

Ditto! I have just bought this flash for my 350D. First time I used it the automatic zoom worked fine. Since then I have not been able to get it to work again. I have noticed the 'Bounce' icon is now always on in the bottom left of the screen and I cannot get this to go away. The instructions arent overly helpfull regarding this. I have checked that the diffuser is popped in firmly and have rotated through the manual zoom until it reaches automatic - but it always stays at 50mm ETTL with the bounce indicator. I have no idea what to do to get the auto zoom working again.

Cheers

Richard

• 1 year later...

I know this is an ancient thread, but it's the only place I've seen others with the same problem. My EF 500 DG Super is also stuck in the 50mm position with my Rebel XT, and the bounce indicator is always on.

I'm hoping one of you may have selected to get e-mail when a comment is posted and may be able to share a solution... if there is one.

Thanks for any light you can shed!

• 2 weeks later...