My sexy camera pick, what is yours?

ike k

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosina, that IS a bit pricy, but I'm sure it will appreciate in value over the years and will make a great addition to your Plastic Fantastic collection!

Actually, the Holga factory introduced an all white version, (not sold in the USA), but since they adapted (stole) many of his modifications, and one of mine, in their new 120N model, Randy came out with a white and black version he called the "Holga Ice." Turn about is fair play! I like his black on white version much more than the Chinese all white "snow" model.

Look here, and scroll down a bit. I have a small, but expanding, gallery on the Holgamods site.

Holgas are fun.

http://www.holgamods.com/

I have a Linhof Kardon Color,M6, Hexar RF, Hassy 501 and Olympus E-1. (and some tothers that do not qualify: Canon stuff)

My list would be: tip top Hexar RF (or maybe a black MP) , Hassy V-series (probably the flexbody) on top.

The least sexy camera would be a huge SLR with huge lenses. (So the hassy would stop being sexy if it got a lot of lenses)

Regarding the E-1. There are two thing I do not like about it: the viewfinder is too small (but the eye relief is good), and it does not have a small 25mm (i.e. 50mm in 35mm speak)....and well, I take nicer pictures with rangefinders and the hassy, but that is not the cameras fault.