<br><br>

<a href="http://qstatistic.com/foto/new/ds2_day1.htm">click here for

the pics</a>

<br><br>

chers,<br>

vuk.<br>

<a href="http://qstatistic.com/foto">http://qstatistic.com/foto</a>

Brian:

I'm dismissing your response as knee jerk enabling commentary on behalf of the bigot. His words are obvious and clearly reveal his mindset. I hope that both he and you have thick enough skins to deal

with it. As you well know, the benchmark of a civilized society is humanity and tolerance. Since this board is international in scope and impacts on a very diverse readership there can be no room for bigotry whether in mindless jest or intentional. Regards, T.J.

t.j.

i feel honoured to have inspired the only two postings you've ever made on photonet since registering back in 2003. just to clear things up for the innocent/confused observers: as you may have noticed from my name, i am broadly from the neck of the woods to which the humour was directed and us slavs don't have much trouble poking fun at ourselves, especially when it comes to ribbing about our countries' technological backwardness (something we were gifted by the post ww2 totalitarian regimes). it is not about the people, but the circumstances of the nation.

<b>"What's your experience of DS2 Vs D?"</b>

<br><br>

john.

<br><br>

it's pretty much the same camera (compared to the istDS i reviewed last year). main thing is they've done a better job of precisely aligning sensor with shutter. i also think the quality of the RAW captures is a touch superior but i wouldn't swear on it.

<br><br>

i found a very nice 30mm f/2.8 lens for it and the results are much better than what i got from the 28mm f/2.8 i tried out before (which was just too soft for me).

• 3 weeks later...

<P><B>"it's pretty much the same camera (compared to the istDS i reviewed last year). main thing is they've done a better job of precisely aligning sensor with shutter. i also think the quality of the RAW captures is a touch superior but i wouldn't swear on it."</B></P>

<P>That's interesting. How much difference can you see between your DS and DS2 due to the sensor alignment?</P>

<i>That's interesting. How much difference can you see between your DS and DS2 due to the sensor alignment?</i>

<p>

i tried 3 istDS cameras at the shop and the worst had about a 10% right-to-left shift (an issue which the manufacturer was willing to correct). the istDS2 i have now exhibits no problems in this regard.