this kit: Leica M Grip, Solid Leather Half Case (British Make), M3

Body in Excellent condition 1M++, M3 Original case- takes meter as

well, M3 Original Leather Leica Strap in Box (New), 2/50mm Summicron

DR with Close Up + both caps + UV Filter, 2.8/90mmmm Elmarit + both

caps + UV Filter, 4.5/135mm Hector + both caps + UV Filter, 2.8/35mm

Summaron for M3 + both caps + UV Filter, Lenshood 12585 for 35 & 50

with cap, Lenshood for 90/135mm + both caps + UV Filter, 2/50mm

Summicron Collapsible + both caps + UV filter, MR-4 Meter in Box with

Instructions (New never been used and working), Set of Filter (5).

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED - ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE?<div>00Ecnj-27140284.jpg.a343646ee0603cde6e7d84ce75d3cef3.jpg</div>

Afzal: You now have some really nice Leitz RF equipment.

You don't "need" anything more, if collecting basic M3 equipment is the thing you are after. Now go out and surprise us with many wonderful photos taken by you with your M3 equipment.

==========================================================

My Xmas joy M3 Full Kit (I think?). Have just managed to put together this kit: Leica M Grip, Solid Leather Half Case (British Make), M3 Body in Excellent condition 1M++, M3 Original case- takes meter as well, M3 Original Leather Leica Strap in Box (New), 2/50mm Summicron DR with Close Up + both caps + UV Filter, 2.8/90mmmm Elmarit + both caps + UV Filter, 4.5/135mm Hector + both caps + UV Filter, 2.8/35mm Summaron for M3 + both caps + UV Filter, Lenshood 12585 for 35 & 50 with cap, Lenshood for 90/135mm + both caps + UV Filter, 2/50mm Summicron Collapsible + both caps + UV filter, MR-4 Meter in Box with Instructions (New never been used and working), Set of Filter (5). WHAT ELSE DO I NEED - ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE?

What a lovely collection! Belongs under your Tree for a day or so - - then into the field

with you both.

Suppose I'd add a very wide angle lens if cost were no object, but wouldn't let it deter me

from exercising the gear now that you've shown us - - and your photographic eye.

The only thing I might suggest is to check the accuracy of the selenium based light meter.

Is it half a century old? The camera surely must be. Those meters have a way of drifting

South with the passage of time. This seems to happen regardless of how much they're

used or left in the dark. It would be easy to compare its readings with those of a borrowed

battery powered spot meter and grey card.

I'm a big fan of incident meters as a result of shooting chromes over the years. They

"protect your heighlights," as my old zone system teacher used to admit grudgingly, after

trashing incident readings generally, especially for large format work. Anything smaller

than an 8 X 10 view camera was suspect for him.

Enjoy your chance to use a fine system. And post some results, if you're so inclined.

<only thing I might suggest is to check the accuracy of the selenium based light meter. Is it half a century old? The camera surely must be. Those meters have a way of drifting South with the passage of time. This seems to happen regardless of how much they're used or left in the dark. It would be easy to compare its readings with those of a borrowed battery powered spot meter and grey card>.

FRANK ....... Thank you for your response. MR-4 is NOT a selenium based meter, it works on a battery.The one that is selenium Meter is MC.I suppose that is the one you are thinking of. I have checked the accuracy on my MR-4 meter by running a coloue slide film and the exposures were bang on. I have also checked it against my Digital meter and its very very close. Some kind people have suggested that I get a wide angle lens- well I have one- CV 4/24mm with a viewfinder. Regarding a bag I have this one (see picture). There is no shortage of film.

<Love? Family? Good health? Peace on earth and good will toward men?>

SHAH... You are right. But I find it a bit disturbing to read PEACE ON EARTH AND GOOD WILL TOWARDS MEN..... Please DO NOT leave the women and children out. I suggest PEACE ON EARTH AND GOOD WILL TOWARDS HUMAN BEING...........More politically correct. Merry Xmas

<The collapsible Cron seems redundant sice you have the DR as well...I'm looking for one ;^). Nice kit, BTW.>

Patrick.... Spot on I agree. However, it is a screw type Cron collapsible ( I have an adaptor for M mount) which I use with my Barnacks as well. I have put together two more Kits 1) Screw Type Leicas 2) Kit for my M6ttl (.85 Black Body).

Putting aside for a moment the absurdity to which lengths political correctness is drawn and how it obscures and trivializes the serious issues we really need to deal with intelligently and urgently...the expression refers to war, not domestic violence, and it's almost universally <i>men</i> who wage war against other <i>men</i> and the rest are caught in the crossfire, so I think the saying is appropriate just as it stands.

Merry Christmas to you!

<P>1. Leitz table tripod (with the crinkly black metal finish). WIth small and large ball head. ( I have this set if you would like to see pictures. It is not for sale but will give you an idea of engineering perfection.)

<P>2. Cable release.

<P>3. Polaziring filter set.

<P>4. Instead of the Leica Grip, which is black, you might consider looking for a Silver GMP grip. Goes better with a silver chrome body. I lucked into one, and its aesthetically a lot better than the black ones.

<P>5. The Osterloh book. "Leica M."

<P>6. Some HCB books.

<P>7. The Leica Calendar. These are great.

<P>Best wishes!

The only thing missing are some dings, dents, and brassing...LOL. Go out and USE that outfit. Have a fantastic new year, shooting lots of film! You might look around for a Weston Master IV or V selenium (no batteries required) cell light meter with the Invercone incident light converter. The correct "period look" and a fantastic meter!

Same to you, Al, and to all of the people here. <br> By the way, I was trying out my Horizon 202 panorama camera the past few days. I will send out the slide film and ask not to have the film cut into film strips. I will do the same for the B&W film dveloped locally. Then I need to figure out what to do next.