Can I use Minolta Magnifier V Eyepiece Finder on the rebel xt?

Xinca

Back in the 1960's Canon, Pentax, and Minolta all had a common eyepiece fitting, and Canon have never departed from it except for the ECF cameras and for a few cameras like the F-1 where accessories screwed into the eyepiece. Assuming the Minolta fitting is also still the same - and it appears to be - then the Minolta magnifier should fit and work. Try it.

Mine works fine on my 1dsII.

BUT...

Do not use this Minolta in a rough environment. Unlike any other eyepiece I've ever seen,

it's smaller than your eyesocket. Someone bumps the lens and you get poked in the

eyeball. The one time it happened to me it scared the $#%& out of me. A few more pounds

of force and I'd have looked very stylish as a pirate.

Tks for all of answer. This is the best of the photo.net. Always can get usful help here.

Roger Krueger: You really scare me But I feel a little more safe because I am wearing glass alway.

I already bought that VN one. But I still want this one. I am not using for macro. I am going to use it with manual focus lens. I am going to start play with Pentax Takumar M42 lens now.

It doesn't work well with glasses--you get a significantly smaller field of view. Worse, the

eyepiece is metal. Plastic lenses it'll kill in a few weeks, real glass lenses will last a lot

longer, but even they'll get scratched eventually. You might be able to make it glasses-

safe by giving the metal surface a couple coats of nail polish.