Digilux 3 and D-Lux 3

Interesting. The Digilux I and II are nice cameras. My personal wish would be for the Digilux III to have about 7 or 8 MP; the same Leica-like control setup as the II; settings up to ISO 1600; and the rear folding "barn doors" of my Digilux I.

There's also supposed to be a new wide-angle Tri-Elmar in the works.

Can't imagine what a V-Lux could be.

It seems that Leica will follow a naming convention according to which improved and rebranded Lumix cameras are given names that contain the word LUX, such as D-Lux n, Digilux n, V-Lux n, etc. Whereas Leica's original cameras are just named Leica Mn or Rn.

I agree that it must be the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 that most likely will be improved and rebranded Leica D-Lux 3.

It also seems likely that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 be improved and rebranded as Leica Digilux 3. In fact, the DMC-L1 is very similar in external appearance to the Lumix LC1 of which the Leica Digilux 2 was an improved and rebranded version, although it could be argued that technical specifications are quite different, and that such a whole new camera deserves a whole new name. About this new Leica system, see Andrew Nemengs Leica faq: http://www.nemeng.com/leica/007f.shtml, which has this link to a roadmap for Leica 4:3 lenses: http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/56449-4049-2-1.html, indicating that inter alia a Summilux 25/1.4 is in Leica's pipeline.

If a new type of Lumix camera is to be launched in a Leica version, it seems likely to me that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 must be the one. It has a 12 x optical zoom lens with 14 elements in 10 groups, 3 asph lenses and asph surfaces, 1 ED lens, 35-420 mm 35 mm equiv. / F. 2.8/3.7 - 11, MEGA OIS, 10.1 MP, max. iso 1600, 235 k evf, 2" 207 k hi-res flipable screen, AF and MF, auto, P, M, T and A, 3 light metering modes, including spot, 60-1/2000 sec in M mode, intelligent functions button, hot shoe with ttl auto, built in flash, takes sd-cards, weighs 734 g and has accessories that include an external flash with GN 50. With that lens and those specifications the DMC-FZ50 really seems worthy of carrying in an improved version the name Leica!!!