1 hour 120 proccesing?

Can and will are two different beasts. Any relatively new Fuji film processor can handle

medium format films, but a lot of the techs either don't know how to run it, or don't have the

proper accessories to do so.

I can't speak for the other brands of processors, having never used them.

Most of the "Semi-Pro" Labs can do 1- and 220 film. In the Cleveland Area, besides just

sending it to a professional lab, I've used Dodd Camera & Cord Camera. I second the

recommendation not to try to use a regular one hour photo, furthering that I wouldn't use

them unless it were an absolute emergency and I quizzed the person who'd be processing

my film first. I've run into some real pros at I hour photos, made good friends there, and

then have run into people who are directly responsible for giving film processing and film

in general the bad name that it has. Another problem with 1 Hour Photos in general, you

are guaranteed at least two or three continuous scratches on every roll they run that WILL

show up on bigger enlargements.

Regards.

~Karl Borowski

I think, whether they know it or not, most 1-hour minilabs could run 120 film. We did it regularly at the CVS labs I have worked at. What the techs may not know or may not have is that there is an intermediate cassette that they film has to be loaded into (in the dark bag of course) so that it can then be taped onto the leader cards that minilab c-41 machines use. Unless someone leaves several inches of film sticking out of that cassette, there is no reason why you would end up with your first two frames ruined as someone suggested above. You only need a 1/2" or so sticking out to have something to tape the leader card to. And regarding scratches...it's definitely possible (and much more likely than a dip&dunk processor I'm sure), but by no means a certainty. You could always run a test roll to see. Some labs have scratch tests they can do -- but they are only as wide as 35mm film, so might not tell you much for 120 film. Personally if you can find a 1-hour lab nearby that knows how and is willing to do it, I would say go for it if that is convenient for you. Just don't give them anything critical until you're seen how they do, and if you're not happy with it, it's only one roll of film down the drain.