How to install a DK-2 eyecup on an F3HP?

shawn_rahman

I swear I am a resourceful and handy person, but darnit, the DK-2 has

got the best of me. How does this thing go on? Yes, I do have the

glass eyepiece in place. But I see no threading or slot for the DK-2.

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH. The manual is of no help, and I've done a

search here.

Help. Please.

Let me try to explain this. No easy task. Much easier done than explained:

You push the glass eyepiece (or the diopter corrector) in the DK-2 from the front so that

only the threaded part protudes on the other (small) side of the DK-2. Then, you put the

metal collar (you must have gotten one with the eyecup) around the small end of the DK

-2 so that it holds the glass eyepiece in place inside the eyecup. Then, it's just a matter of

screwing the whole kit back into the viewfinder.<div>00FfdV-28848884.jpg.8244cee0ed31e9f49dbdb5b10425f819.jpg</div>

heh, not easy indeed! Me and the guy at my local store tried for 15 mins before we could do it. We still failed to figure out the use of the metal collar. Thanks for the tips, Bernard! Now I need to look for the collar and put it in the right place (I've been using this eyecup w/o this collar for the last 6 months! ! !).

Thank you Bernard for posting a picture. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and countless thousands of words have been wasted on this simple task.

You might mention that the lip of the eyepiece fits into a groove on the inside of the eye cup. Also, the eye cup has a definite shoulder that fits the metal collar (otherwise, the eye cup is inverted).